OxyContin Rehab Addiction Treatment Program
OxyContin rehab has been the answer since the 1990s saw the dramatic rise in the abuse of prescription medication in the United States. A National Survey on Drug Use and Health stated that roughly 6.5 million Americans abuse prescription drugs, over four million of whom abusing pain relievers.
Among such highly abused legal drugs is OxyContin. If you or an important person in your life happens to be struggling with the abuse of this potentially addictive pain reliever, New Creation Treatment offers Christian rehab treatment for OxyContin addiction. Learn more about the drug below and find out how critical it is to seek rehab near me for painkiller rehab treatment as soon as possible.
A Closer Look Into OxyContin
A trade name of the opiate oxycodone, OxyContin is a blessing to patients with chronic pain as long as used properly without deviation from prescription. This potent and timed-release drug is very helpful for people with bone pain, cancer, and serious burns because it buys more hours of pain relief. On the other hand, if it falls into the wrong hands, this Schedule II narcotic can be subject to diversion and illegal street trading.
Oxycodone, or OxyContin, is called many names:
- Hillbilly Heroine
Oxycodone is also a main ingredient in Percocet, another prescription drug for relieving pain. Users of claim to experience the same ‘high’ or euphoria you get from street drugs like heroin or morphine.
- It stimulates the brain’s pleasure and reward center.
- It elicits an increase in dopamine, your brain’s ‘pleasure’ neurotransmitter.
Aside from taking more or more frequently than prescribed, you can tell if your loved one is abusing the drug if she takes it other than the route of administration specified by her doctor. Instead of swallowing the pill with water, she:
- Crushes or powders it, and then snorts it.
- Chews it.
- Powders it, dissolves it in water and takes it intravenously.
Any of such methods can render the timed-release coating of the pill ineffective and literally increases overdose risk and potential. Therefore, if you notice this habit of unconventional intake in your loved one, contact New Creation Treatment right away for oxycontin addiction treatment. Our oxycontin addiction treatment centers offer both inpatient and outpatient drug rehab.
“Addiction is a disease and must be treated like we treat other diseases.”
– David Sheff, Author of Clean: Overcoming Addiction and Ending America’s Greatest Tragedy
How Dangerous OxyContin Can Be
Most often, people who abuse OxyContin also tend to abuse other drugs.
- Oxy is often combined with other depressants like alcohol or benzodiazepines to get a ‘higher’ kick. This lethal combo can depress respiratory functions and can ultimately lead to untimely death.
- Oxy is also used together with meth, cocaine, and other amphetamines to somehow suppress and combat the ugly after-effects of these stimulants. This deadly combo of stimulant and depressant drugs causes heart failure and stroke.
Suspect when your loved one is abusing OxyContin if you notice any of the following symptoms:
- Depression and anxiety
- Irritability and headache
- Sudden changes in mood
- Drowsiness or sleepiness
- Nausea, dizziness, vomiting and constipation
- Pupils are constricted
Sweating and itching
Abnormally low blood pressure
Getting treatment for oxycontin is just one call away. It is rest assured that New Creation Treatment is a pro-women facility that will take extra care of your mother, daughter, sister, wife or girlfriend battling with substance abuse and addiction. Contact us now for Christian oxy addiction treatment and help the important women in your life get back on track.