Substance Abuse Treatment for Women
Substance abuse treatment for women is necessary with the abuse of any prescription or non-prescription drug that alters the mind or the mood. It also includes excessive alcohol use, abuse of prescription drugs, or ingestion of any legal solvent intended for recreational purposes. Furthermore, misuse of any narcotic, anti-depressant or alcoholic beverage can disrupt your daily sleep schedule. An overdose of drugs through heroin addiction, especially when mixed with alcohol, could cause blood pressure or heart problems, seizures, a coma, or even death.
Signs You Are Addicted
If you are not sure if you suffer from substance abuse but suspect that you could be addicted to drugs or alcohol, we will show you the signs of withdrawal symptoms. The New Creation staff usually helps you determine your own course of recovery, but we also provide a list of criteria to follow.
Signs you are addicted to drugs or alcohol include as follows:
- Missed days of work because of a hangover
- Irritability and mood swings when coming down from a high
- Sudden changes in demeanor over a period of minutes or hours
- Violent behavior, drunk driving or vandalism
- Frequent depression, hopelessness or suicidal thoughts
- Bloodshot eyes and slurred speech
Irregular sleep schedule or insomnia
- Trouble getting out of bed and neglect of responsibilities
- Frequent broken promises or missed appointments
- Decline in work or school performance
- Poor physical health and lack of emotional control
- Dual mental health and substance abuse disorder diagnosis
- Failure to bathe and groom yourself
Substance abuse also has negative consequences on society. For instance, it leads to homelessness, poverty or spread of diseases. Misuse of alcohol and drugs has an effect on crime rates, too. Additionally meth withdrawal typically aggravates mental health symptoms.
Sources of Help for Substance Abuse and Mental Health Issues
Finding Christian substance abuse treatment programs alone is challenging enough with or without struggling with mental health issues. Misuse of drugs and alcohol can disrupt your life especially when you use so often your body has developed a chemical dependency on your substance of choice.
Needing a fix or the calming feeling of controlled substances might seem like a way to unwind and reduce stress at first. However, the effect is only temporary. If you want relief from anxiety, loneliness, depression or other symptoms, drug addiction is not the answer.
If you do think you might have a mental health disorder in addition to being prone to substance abuse, New Creation will offer you the help and compassion you need. For instance, we offer Christian dual diagnosis treatment tracks for you if you are diagnosed with bipolar, schizophrenia or anxiety disorder. Moreover, we help who deal with symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder who also might misuse drugs or alcohol.
Options for Substance Abuse Treatment for Women
New Creation offers a range of residential and outpatient treatment programs. Each program phase offers you more freedom as you return to the “real world” without drinking or using drugs.
Services we provide include as follows:
- Rehab services for 30-90 days
- Healthy alternatives to drugs or alcohol for stress management
- Professional monitoring of withdrawal symptoms during detox
- Self-esteem support through group and individual therapy
- Family sessions
- Mental health disorder treatment that may include medication
New Creation believes in you. Now, you just have faith that our program works. It will help you as much as you want to stay sober and achieve the stability you always dreamed of having.